To Use Sausage Stuffer Attachment
Use the small Sausage Stuffer tube to make breakfast sausage with casings and the large Sausage Stuffer tube to prepare Bratwurst, Italian or Polish sausage with casings or breakfast sausage without casings.
1. If using natural casings, it’s recommended to first soak them in cold water for 30 minutes to remove excess salt, then rinse several times by running cold water through the entire length of casing.
2. Grease stuffer tube with shortening and slide, 3 to 4 feet (91 to 122 cm) of casing onto stuffer tube.
3. Tie the end of the casing with string to seal.
4. Turn mixer to Speed 4 and slowly feed ground meat mixture into hopper using the combination food pusher/wrench.
5. Hold the tied end of the casing in one hand and guide meat mixture as it fills casing.
NOTE: Do not pack meat mixture too tightly into casing; allow enough room to twist sausage into smaller links and for expansion during cooking. If an air pocket develops, pierce with a toothpick or skewer. To complete a recipe using several pounds of meat, it may be necessary to repack the Sausage Stuffer with casing several times to use all of the ground meat mixture.