The game is composed of the following elements :
• A game board with 400 squares.
• 84 pieces (i.e. 21 pieces in each of the four colours).
Each of the 21 pieces has a different shape.
The game pieces comprise:
• 1 piece made up of one square (which could be called a “monomino”…. if this term existed).
• 1 piece made up of two squares (« domino »).
• 2 pieces made up of three squares
(« triominos »).
• 5 pieces made up of four squares
(« tetraminos »).
• 12 pieces made up of five squares
The purpose of the game is for each player to place his/her 21 pieces on the board (or at least the maximum number of pieces).
• Each player must begin at one of the corners of the board (Picture 1).
• The order of play is blue, yellow, red, green.
• Each new piece that is placed on the board must touch another piece of the same colour, but it can only touch at the corners, never along the sides (Picture 2).
When a player is blocked and can no longer place any pieces on the board, s/he must miss his/her turn. The other players continue in the normal order of play until no one can place any more pieces on the board.
When all the players are blocked, each person counts the number of squares that s/he was unable to place on the board and calculates his/her score:
• Each square which is not placed on the board counts as a negative point.
• A bonus of 15 points is awarded if all 21 pieces have been placed on the board.
• This bonus is increased to 20 points if the 21 pieces were placed on the board with the single square being placed last.
|?||Click a feature or image hotspot to view details|
Blokus® is the strategy game for the whole family! Players take turns placing pieces of their chosen color on the board. Each new piece must touch at least one other piece of the same color—but only at the corners! When the board is full, each player counts up the squares in their remaining pieces and the player with least number of squares wins!