• Andersen® exterior trim is not intended for use on non Andersen products.
• Window must be properly flashed prior to exterior trim application.
• Andersen exterior trim system does not provide structural support or function as a water management component.
• If you have questions call 1-888-888-7020 Monday -Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Central Standard Time. For more information and/ or installation guides visit andersenwindows.com/ exteriortrim
• (1) Pre-assembled Trim
• (1) Drip Cap [full width]
Trim Styles Available:
• Flat Trim with Sill nose [used in this guide]
• Flat Trim - Four Sides
• Brick Mould with Sill nose
• Brick Mould - Four Sides
Additional Parts Required:
• Attachment Strips [required only if unit does not have pre-applied trim flange]
• Safety Glasses
• Tape Measure
• Utility Knife
• Putty Knife
• Caulk Gun
• #2 Phillips Bit
• #6 Deck Screws that provide 1” minimum embedment into solid framing
• Backer Rod
• House Wrap Tape
• Low-Expanding Foam
For existing windows, begin at Step 4:
Remove Old Flashing. For new Construction or Full Frame Replacement projects, begin at Step 7: Install New Flashing.
• Fold top flap of house wrap up.
• Remove top flashing and discard.
• Remove drip cap and discard.
• Remove sealant at top.
• Extend top flap cuts; raise and retape house wrap.
and Continuation of Existing Window Projects.
• Apply new top flashing, overlapping side flashing.
• Measure window width and height to verify size.
• Measure width and height of trim assembly to verify fit.
All Andersen® A-Series, 400 Series Casement, Awning, Gliding and 200 Series Tilt-Wash Double-Hung Windows
• Center attachment strips tight against window at sides, head and sill.
• Fasten at each end and every other hole.
400 Series Woodwright®, Tilt-Wash Double-Hung, Double-Hung Picture and 200 Series Narroline® Double-Hung Windows
• Center attachment strips tight against window at sides and head; fasten at each end and every other hole.
• Center attachment strip flush with lowest part of sill and fasten at each end and every other hole.
• Apply sealant to lip of bottom flat trim or brick mould.
• Apply sealant bead under sill full width.
• Position trim around window and push firmly into place.
• Apply sealant at top only; quickly go to next step.
• Place drip cap [full width] in sealant, centering over window.
• Apply flashing over drip cap leg.
• Fold house wrap down and tape.
• Leave gap between siding/stucco/brick and exterior trim for sealing:
• Trim Siding & Stucco: 1/4 inch at Head/Side/Sill.
• Brick: 1/4 inch at Head/Side; 1/2 inch at Sill.
• Insert backer rod on both sides and bottom.
• Apply sealant to both sides and bottom.